Hessa Bint Essa Buhumaid
Minister of Community Development
** On 19 October 2017, Her Excellency Hessa Bint Essa Buhumaid, Minister of Community Development was handed over her duties confidently to transit from community care to sustainable development. She managed to accomplish four policies in one year: National Family Policy, National Policy for People of Determination, Executive-By laws of Child Rights Law “Wadima” and National Policy for Senior Emiratis. Through her chairmanship to the Community & International Games Heritage Committee and as part of the “host town program”, Her Excellency attained remarkable achievements in the Special Olympics MENA Regional Games 2018 in preparation of the Special Olympics-Abu Dhabi 2019 to host participating delegations and expand volunteering field.
- Before 2018, Her Excellency Hessa Bint Essa Buhumaid accomplished new policies and legislations to empower women and raise her ambitions towards the future, enhanced ambitions of the youth generations through “Eddad” and “Begin a new family” programs to encourage a happy and a sustainable marriage. She also supported marriage grants with more flexible and positive procedures and other successful initiatives to support stable, productive and coherent families.
- Prior to this, Buhumaid was Assistant Director General for Government Services in the Prime Minister’s Office at the Ministry of Cabinet Affairs and Future. Her Excellency oversaw the Emirates Government Services Excellence Program aiming to raise the efficiency of government services delivery.
- Her Excellency was the supervisor of Government Services Factory launch focusing on training government authorities on how to implement services design mechanism. She also supervised Customers’ Satisfaction and Happiness Project about all government services.
- She was the General Coordinator of Sheikh Khalifa Government Excellence Program, Executive Director of Excellence Sector, Executive Director for Institutional Support Sector, Assistant Director General for Government Services Sector and Supervisor of UAE Government Leadership Program to sustain government premium leaders at the first and second levels.
- She is a graduate of Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Young Leadership Program and a two-time winner of Sheikh Rashid Award for Scientific Excellence, she also won the Arabian Gulf National Olympic Committee Award for Outstanding Youth in 2013, and the best distinguished newly appointed employee at Dubai Government Excellence Program in 2003.
- Born on 1980, Her Excellency holds an honor Masters’ degree in Business Administration from the American University of Sharjah, an honor Bachelor Degree in Business Sciences from Zayed University. She also holds an Executive Diploma in Public Administration from Lee Kuwan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore.
- Her Excellency currently holds several memberships: Chairman Board of Directors of Zakat Fund, Chairman of Community & International Games Heritage Committee during 9th Regional Olympics 2018, International Games of Special Olympics in Abu Dhabi 2019, Chairman of Wellbeing Council and Deputy Chairman of Digital Wellbeing Council, Member Board of Ministerial Development Council, Member Board of Education & Human Resources Council, Member Board of Federal Youth Authority, Member Board of General Pensions & Social Security Authority, Member Board of Federal Demographic Council, Member Board of Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Authority, Member Board of Dubai Future Foundation, Member of Supreme National Committee for the Year of Tolerance and member of Early Childhood Committee in Abu Dhabi, Chairman of the Wellbeing Council and Deputy Chairwoman of the Digital Wellbeing Council.